Almost ready!!!

'Velocity Red' is almost better and awaits a meagre four parts to make her road worthy again!
Whilst excited by an approximate date for completion in a week's time, nothing is guaranteed until the magic phone call is made to say all is well.

The repair company have been fantastic with weekly progress updates. I was curious to see the estimate for the repairs carried out.  I was again reassured having seen the list of parts to be repaired or replaced, the amount of damage totalling almost £6000.00 I'm confident the repairs will be completed to a high standard and that I will be satisfied when my bike is completed. The insurance company will only use Genuine Harley Parts and it turns out the tech working on my bike had serviced previous bikes I had owned!

So news of completion will necessitate a flight to the UK followed promptly by a return road trip across France. Despite my many rides through France I always seem to take a different route which inevitably leads to me getting lost or going off course unintentionally! I know the investment of a Sat Nav would avoid the above scenario but over the years I seem to have managed to navigate around different parts of Europe and even three states in the USA without such an aid! Whilst tempting, I'm also acutely aware that my total lack of that sense of direction may frustrate some people, such as my partner who likes to know that I'm safe and about to end up where I'm supposed to! This being said I usually discover new and exciting places by riding in the wrong direction! In essence something I've always loved about motorcycling is the freedom to explore and that sense adventure. I always make it home, although maybe not to the time frames I set myself! Sometimes a bit more tired than anticipated but full of satisfaction.

On my last journey of course this was not the case because sadly 'Velocity Red' was rear-ended, the thought of which makes me naturally a little apprehensive thinking about the forthcoming adventure. Despite this, the excitement of riding 'Velocity Red' again after my two month hiatus puts a huge smile on my face, as I know that we will be sharing more adventures through the amazing region in which we are lucky to live.

Photo of My Girls


Comments